16 ounces (about half of pot A). The amount of tea that can be kept within each pot is determined
by the height of the spout opening. The tea level cannot rise above the spout opening since any extra tea would
merely spill out from the spout. A simple visual estimate would conclude that the spout of teapot B is
approximately half the height of that of teapot A, therefore providing only half of the capacity, or 16 ounces.
B says: "Suppose I have red-red. A would have said on her second turn: 'I see that B has red-red. If I also have red-red, then all four reds would be used, and C would have realized that she had green-green. But C didn't, so I don't have red-red. Suppose I have green-green. In that case, C would have realized that if she had red-red, I would have seen four reds and I would have answered that I had green-green on my first turn. On the other hand, if she also has green-green [we assume that A can see C; this line is only for completeness], then B would have seen four greens and she would have answered that she had two reds. So C would have realized that, if I have green-green and B has red-red, and if neither of us answered on our first turn, then she must have green-red. "'But she didn't. So I can't have green-green either, and if I can't have green-green or red-red, then I must have green-red.' ...
Comments
Post a Comment